Stack paths on Windows

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 25 23:53:00 EST 2003

I'm working on my first Windows release.  The program is already out
for PPC and OSX, and is stable on both.

Internal testing was done on Windows XP.  All is well.

So far I've gotten one bug report from an external beta tester,
testing in Windows 98.  She says "nothing works, nothing happens,
anywhere".  She can't even move the card window to a new location.

My best guess is that the program is not seeing the external stack
which holds the code.  On launch, the program gets its own path, and
from there, determines the path to the stack with the bulk of the
code.  (Though I don't know why that would prevent her from at least
moving the window...)

I do not change the itemDel, and let Metacard use its own (Unix
standard?), which I believe is supposed to work on all platforms.

Are there any boogaloo's regarding stack paths on the various Windows
platforms?

The fella may reformat his laptop for me and partition several
versions of Windows.  But in the meantime....

... we do like to tread in the deepest waters :-)
--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com