Radical slowdown on one system

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Fri Mar 21 08:47:02 EST 2003

Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Of the many folks using my MC-base WebMerge product over the last two years,
> I've never had a support case like this one, and am hoping some of you may
> be able to offer some insight:
>
> When I run the WebMerge tutorial here on the slowest machine I have (Win 95,
> 300MHz), it generates the tutoprial pages in 3.9 seconds.   I have a
> customer running Win98 on a 1.7GHz maxchine and the same files take 4
> minutes to process.(!)
>
> Most of what WebMerge does is parsing and concatenating text, and of course
> creating files.  Not particularly atom-splitting stuff, and I've never seen
> a performance disparity even close to this.
>
> I've verified that we're using the same fles, have the same version of
> WebMerge (using the MC 2.4.2 engine), and in all other respects his system
> is far superior to the one I've been testing on.
>
> Any clues?
>
> --
>  Richard Gaskin
>  Fourth World Media Corporation
>  Developer of WebMerge 2.2: Publish any database on any site

Hi Richard,

Did you ask him about testing others comparable stacks on both your and
his computer, other softs and so on ? In others words, are realy sure
that metacard and webmerge are realy in fault. For my own, i did'nt have
any speed troubbles in using webmerge.

Other questions ? Is the 1.7 GHz connected to a LAN ? Is this box
including in a Netware network ? Is the box running a desktop or a lan
anti-virus, etc...

Best Regards, Pierre