playselection

Signe Marie Sanne signe.sanne at roman.uib.no
Thu Mar 20 06:53:01 EST 2003

I'm completely stuck, hope someone can help me...

Mac 9.2.2 using MetaCard 2.5B5:

In an application I display video sequences with (the script is
somewhat simplified):

   set loc of player "visp" to -160,-250
  set the filename of player "visp" to
"/Signes/MetaCardMappe/IVANA-MC/xmf/alene5.mpg"

  set currenttime of player "visp" to 20000
   set the starttime of player "visp" to  20000

   set the endtime of player "visp" to 90000
   set the playselection of player "visp" to true
  set loc of player "visp" to 410,126
   start player visp

This works beatifully with QuickTime 5, but with QT 6 just a little
more than1 second of the video is displayed. I need to be able to set
the endtime at any point in the video. Any suggestions?

1. amanuensis Signe Marie Sanne      e-mail: signe.sanne at roman.uib.no
Romansk Institutt                            tel:  +47 55 58 21 27
Oysteins gt. 1
5007 Bergen        	 http://www.hf.uib.no/hfolk/mlab/hjem/default.html
Norway