Metacard Windows XP - MAC

Klaus Major k_major at os.surf2000.de
Wed Mar 19 07:26:01 EST 2003

Hi Joanne,

Christoph is right :-)
Hi Christoph, alles klaro?

> I found the following message on your list.
> I have also converted a metaCard project from Mac to Windows XP.
> However, when i tried the reverse -
> Windows XP to MAC OS X or OS 9, the MAC version of Metacard could not
> recognize the Windows .mc file.
> Any ideas?
> Thanks!
> Jo CannonCarlson
> Multimedia Programmer/Analyst
> Center for Foreign Languages and Cultures
> Smith College
> Northampton, MA 01063

i created a button for exact that purpose here in my homestack.

on mouseup
   answer file "What stack may i open for you?"
   if the result is not "cancel" then
     try
       toplevel it
       catch errornum
       beep
     end try
   end if
end mouseup

Will try (!) to open ANY file, toplevel that file, if it is a valid MC
document
and beep if not :-)

Files from win miss the resourcefork (unknown on win) but the sys
need that to determine the correct filetype and thus the application
that can open that file...

This technique is also been used in "open"-dialogs.
Thats why they appear greyed out in the dialog.

The system thinks:
Bah, MetaCard cannot open that file anyway... So what...
(How wrong it is ;-)

Hope that helps.

Regards

Klaus Major