Script commands? - I meant Script Debugging commands

RCS rcs at rcsprogramming.com
Sun Mar 16 13:22:01 EST 2003

Sorry about that...I wasn't very specific.

I want to build a 'better mousetrap'. I have some ideas to improve script
debugging, and I can only get so far without any documentation (or help!).
There is nothing in the MetaCard reference, but I know they are there...

Example:
traceReturn

Does this set something in MetaCard to parse the 'following lines' of code
together as a whole? In other words, you cannot 'step' through each line of
code by using the 'do' or 'debugdo'...it will just trigger each line, and
stop at lines that make no sense (i.e. 'if', 'else', 'end if'). It doesn't
seem to do anything for me...

Are these commands in there for us to play with? Am I venturing into
forbidden territory?

Thanks for any info,
John Rule