Windows Registry

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 15 15:42:00 EST 2003

Regarding the Windows registry:

If I register file type ".mc" that would mean Blackjack Gold would
open ALL .mc files, is that correct?  Shouldn't I use a custom file
extension, such as .bjg?  And if so, how would I determine that it is
not already being used?

       if the platform is "Win32" then
         # register the file type to Blackjack Gold
         get setRegistry("HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.bjg\","Blackjack Gold")
       end if

Also, to delete the registry entry if the user uninstalls the
program, would the following be correct?

       if the platform is "Win32" then
         # register the file type to Blackjack Gold
         get setRegistry("HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.bjg\","")
       end if

It would be SOOO much easier if the Registry weren't involved in
making Windows see the file icons!

Ah well....

Now that my fella bought himself a nifty Windows laptop, I can expand
from two platforms, to three....   :-)

Shari C
--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--