Radical slowdown on one system

jbv jbv.silences at club-internet.fr
Fri Mar 14 15:32:01 EST 2003

Richard,

> When I run the WebMerge tutorial here on the slowest machine I have (Win 95,
> 300MHz), it generates the tutoprial pages in 3.9 seconds.   I have a
> customer running Win98 on a 1.7GHz maxchine and the same files take 4
> minutes to process.(!)

Does your customer have things like Kazaa  installed
on his hard drive ?
One guy in our company recently experiencied major
slow down under XP and Photoshop, and spent the
whole day trying to figure out what had changed in
his settings, and it was only Kazaa users accessing
some files on his HD...

JB