selecting a directory

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Mar 11 23:34:01 EST 2003

Nicolas,

Take a look at "answer folder".

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: metacard-admin at lists.runrev.com
[mailto:metacard-admin at lists.runrev.com] On Behalf Of kweto
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 10:31 PM
To: metacard at lists.runrev.com
Subject: selecting a directory

Hello,

Similar to how "ask file" allows a user to select a file, is there a
built-in way of allowing users to select a directory? If not, is there a
user-friendly alternative? I was looking at the "file selector"
substack, but the ".." higher-level symbol is sure to scare people off.

The reason for needing the directory rather than a specific file is for
a stack that manipulates images. After a user selects whichever
directory they've put their jpg/gif files, those file names will be
automatically displayed in a clickable list of names.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Nicolas Cueto

P.S. Thank you, too, for the lesson about the CR vs LF end-of-line
difference. Of the various kind advice offered, I went with the "get a
new text editor" option. A 2-year Win-to-Linux mystery resolved!