Limits on array dimensions

LiangTyan Fui mlist at afteroffice.com
Tue Jul 29 20:29:01 EDT 2003

On 7/30/03 1:11 AM, "Gregory Lypny" <gregory.lypny at videotron.ca> wrote:

> Wanna give me a hint as to which of the dozens of properties I should
> be looking at?

No information on array, but it should be at least comparable to custom
property. So that gives 4 GB limit on what you can store in array, and
nothing else is using the same RAM, including other variables and apps.
Sorry, still no answer to your question. I assume 4 GB limit on the array
storage includes the overhead of array index (or a separated RAM space,
still limit by 4 GB).
Given all the limits MetaCard imposed on other objects, it is safe to assume
that the number of element (index) of an array is limited by the machine
memory, or up to 4 GB, if you have stored nothing in the array.

Don't take my words for it though. I'll be happy if someone else can prove
me wrong.