Standalone Builder question

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Wed Jul 23 14:58:03 EDT 2003

Hi JB,

> Hi list,
>
> I'm about to do something I haven't done
> before : build a MC standalone for Windows
> on a Mac (OS 9).
> So I guess I simply need to select the MC Win
> engine, and that's all, right ?
> This has been described before on this list so
> I guess it shouldn't be a problem...

Yes, that's the way it works :-)

You may have to type the path to the win-engine manually,
since the "choose" button will not show the mc.exe, but then it works...

Beware to doubleclick that EXE file, because the some resource is added
which says "I am an apple app :-)" and so that would not be a good idea
;-)

But that resource will be lost anyway once that file arrives on some
win-hd :-)

Be sure to test it carefully before shipping :-)

You'll never know...

And there may be some font issues, too...
Hey, its windoze ;-)

So doublecheck, please :-)

> However I have a question regarding the
> resource mover : can I move resources like
> ask & answer dialogs to my stack on Mac
> (before building the standalone of course)
> so that they'll be recognized on Win ?

Yes.

> Thanks,

You're welcome :-)