Moving the MC IDE forward

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Mon Jul 21 09:29:01 EDT 2003

>I have a library of custom handlers that I load at startup in both
>MC and Rev. One of my handlers reports the mainstacks that are
>currently loaded in memory. When I run this handler in MC, there are
>at most only a couple of stacks from the IDE listed, but in Rev, it
>is difficult to find my own stacks among the dozens that Rev
>maintains. When I get around to it, I will customize my handler to
>remove all the "rev" stacks before displaying the results, but at
>that moment the extra info was intrusive. I can't remove these
>stacks from Rev (nor do I want to) because they are necessary to its
>functioning. A somewhat parallel example is the number of custom
>messages that are constantly being sent in the background by Rev. I
>know I can view a modified list of pending messages from within the
>message box, but since MC sends no custom messages in the background
>at all, MC's IDE translates to the user as "cleaner." And again,
>these custom messages can't be removed from the program.

>--
>Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com
>HyperActive Software           |     http://www.hyperactivesw.com

This may not be critical for many applications but it may for some. I
wonder, for example, how those extra messages flying behind affect
using Rev as a cgi on a web server? Similarly, how the timing issues
are affected for, for example, psychology experiments that measure
reaction times? I gather than some of these msgs continue to fly in
standalones as well.

Robert