METACARD ACQUIRED BY RUN REV!!!

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Tue Jul 15 09:12:01 EDT 2003

Hi Everyone,

First, let me say: Welcome! We're glad to have you as members of the
newly-unified team.

Next I'd like to clear up a few things, and ask you to be patient.

Many of you have asked what will happen to the MetaCard IDE going forward.
We're still working out the exact details, but rest assured, the MetaCard
IDE will continue for as long as you need it.  The agreement we have
guarantees that.  We won't be maintaining the IDE ourselves, but we won't do
anything to break it, and several people have expressed interest in keeping
it compatible as the engine  gains new functionality over time.

That said, we're happy to have those who want to switch to the Revolution
IDE do so, and we're offering incentives to encourage you to switch.

A number of you have asked about our policy on releasing updates, and
specifically how it will compare with Scott's in the past for MetaCard.
There's no denying that we're more aggressive than Scott has been.  Also,
there have been times when our schedule slipped.  We're working to address
these issues, and we're making progress.  Ensuring that each release has as
few bugs as possible is a priority.

In addition, some of you have requested more communication regarding a
variety of issues during the timeframe of the buyout. This email is a
response to those requests.  Apart from the information above, I have to
ask that you be patient, as hard as I know that is.

We're going to have a booth at MacWorld CreativePro, and we're all
extremely busy with preparations.  Rest assured that email you send is
being read.

If any of you are going to the show, we invite you to stop by and see what
we have in store for the next release.  We'll be making several
announcements on the mailing lists in the coming week as well.

Finally, let me just say again how exciting it is to have you all as
members of our extended team.  You have a level of experience and a sense of
history that we need going forward.  We have many things planned for the
next few months, and we think you'll be as excited by them as we are.
Having Revolution and MetaCard under one roof is going to be great!

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller <kevin at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Runtime Revolution Limited: Software at the Speed of Thought
Tel: +44 (0) 870 747 1165.  Fax: +44 (0)1639 830 707.