[OT] DLL Handles

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Mon Jul 14 20:46:00 EDT 2003

On Monday, July 14, 2003, at 05:48 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:

> I've got an installer script that calls a DLL repeatedly within a
> repeat
> loop to grab current system information (processes). What is the proper
> point to call closeHandle: within the script's repeat loop, at the
> end, and
> then get a new handle from the DLL at the beginning of the loop, or
> should I
> call closeHandle outside the repeat loop once the script has finished
> running?

You shouldn't have to worry about any DLL housekeeping with an
external.  I expect this is DLL specific and refers to a user object or
query object and not the DLL itself.

I'd guess you'd want to close it once at the end.

It probably makes the query once and then gives you pieces based on the
handle and either the next position or an index.

My wild guess.

Dar Scott