Style question: returning error values from functions

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sun Jul 13 02:45:00 EDT 2003

On Sunday, July 13, 2003, at 12:13 AM, Monte Goulding wrote:

> Is it possible to throw from an external? I haven't done any external
> development yet although as soon as I see some decent docs I'll
> probably
> jump in as I know some C.

I'd be inclined to include a glue stack library with an external.  It
would handle the sugar coating for problems like passing data with
nulls.  In many cases it would do most of the work and use the external
for getting to OS services.

In this case, the glue library can throw for its own work and then
throw for external errors flagged in globals.

Dar Scott
who didn't really answer your question