Moving the MC IDE forward

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Jul 12 14:12:01 EDT 2003

On 7/12/03 10:02 AM, Geoff Canyon wrote:

> Then I don't understand all the talk of customizing MC. If it's near
> perfect (for those who like simplicity) the way it is, let it stay that
> way. It won't take a team effort to keep it compatible with any
> foreseeable changes to the engine.

I don't recall much talk about altering the MC IDE. What I did see was a
desire by long-time users to retain the simplicity and straight-forward
nature of what is available right now. I suspect that a bit of
embellishment will inevitably occur, but in general I think the goal is
simply to retain the compatibility of the relatively static interface
that MC has had all these years.

For those who prefer MC's simplicity, I don't see any harm in continuing
to assure it is compatible with the most current Rev engine. People will
still have to purchase Revolution to get full access to long scripts, so
RR won't lose any money by allowing folks a choice of IDEs. They have
already said they won't support alternate IDEs, so it won't cost them
anything.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com