Moving the MC IDE forward

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Sat Jul 12 12:29:01 EDT 2003

On Friday, July 11, 2003, at 11:42  AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> So putting it just as bluntly, that there is a perception of MC's
> value is
> reason enough.  If that perception changes over time the MC engine will
> whither away naturally.  There should be no need to force change, and
> doing
> so would not have the liberating feeling of a choice.

I'm not proposing forcing anyone to switch. That's not even what I'm
asking about. I'm specifically curious why people would expend
significant effort updating/enhancing the MC environment. If all we're
talking about is maintaining compatibility with new engines, then
that's a minimal task and I don't see any reason not to.

regards,

Geoff Canyon
gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com