CD update... was: get system profile

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 11 09:48:01 EDT 2003

>why don't you try the old Tiviah external collection as i posted yesterday???
>
>It is free now and does exactly what you need:
>
>It will return a list of available CD-ROM drives WITHOUT an error of
>what kind ever...

Actually I did try it.  It isn't free.  It randomly gives a dialog
asking me to register, which means it would likely do the same for
the folks who get the files I am creating.

It also produced a window asking me for something, I don't recall
what.  And all it put in the test field was the drive letter.  No
name.  Not whether it was loaded.  I'm guessing whatever it asked me
for, is a system thing it couldn't find and needed.

I didn't have a lot of time to tinker with it.  As I said, my time on
this ran out yesterday, and now it's time to actually burn CD's.
Leaving town in less than 24 hours.....

I still need to solve the problem, for when I return, and hopefully a
better batch of CD's....

:-)

Shari C
--