Smaller than milliseconds?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Jul 10 18:31:00 EDT 2003

On Thursday, July 10, 2003, at 04:04 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:

>> What do you folks get?
>
> A headache, from looking at all those digits....

OK, this has less digits.

on mouseUp
   set the cursor to watch
   put "Upper bounds on time resolution (maybe 10 to 20 microseconds
high):" & LF into field "Report"
   --
   put the seconds into time1
   put the seconds into time2
     put the long seconds into time2
   end repeat
   put "the long seconds resolution: " & (time2-time1) & LF after field
"Report"
   --
   put the ticks into time1
   put the ticks into time2
     put the long ticks into time2
   end repeat
   put "the long ticks resolution: " & (time2-time1) & LF after field
"Report"
   --
   put the milliseconds into time1
   put the milliseconds into time2
     put the milliseconds into time2
   end repeat
   put "the milliseconds resolution: " & (time2-time1) & LF after field
"Report"
   --
   put the long milliseconds into time1
   put the long milliseconds into time2
     put the long milliseconds into time2
   end repeat
   put "the long milliseconds resolution: " & (time2-time1) & LF after
field "Report"
   --
end mouseUp

My OS X result:

Upper bounds on time resolution (maybe 10 to 20 microseconds high):
the seconds resolution: 1
the long seconds resolution: 0.000015
the ticks resolution: 1
the long ticks resolution: 0.000847
the milliseconds resolution: 1
the long milliseconds resolution: 0.010986

I would guess the XP result will show ms resolution.

Note that the long milliseconds seems to be faster than the long
seconds.

You guys pick up the ball; I'm out the door.

Dar Scott