Getting the system profile

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 10 13:05:00 EDT 2003

>What information are you after?  A lot of system info is available directly
>in MetaTalk....
>
>--
>  Richard Gaskin

Nothing that gives me anything I can work with.

There are a lot of things I'd like access to, but urgently, the drive
letter of the CD ROM and whether media is loaded and either the name
of the media or files on the media.  This is URGENT.  Urgent as in I
will have to scrap the project today if I don't find a solution, and
put out something that is not satisfactory to what it needs to
accomplish.

There are several other pieces of info I need for projects I am
working on.  For Mac, I could probably use an XCMD, presumably
Rinaldi's work in MC.  But this doesn't do much as my programs are
cross platform.  The objective is NOT to use some 3rd party utility
that may not be installed on the host computer, but system programs
that would be.

Ideally I would like access to the serial number of a disk, such as a
CD, I know that floppies have built in serial numbers.  But I'm not
holding out hope for this.  At the very least, I need to query that a
specific CD is loaded, and access files on that CD.

--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com