METACARD ACQUIRED BY RUN REV!!!

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 10 10:18:01 EDT 2003

>  > Besides, no *serious* programmer has only one tool in his or her
>>  kit because no one tool is a panacea.
>>

>Yep, that's the *best* insurance!

For those of you who know the "traditional" languages, the rest of us
can only wish.  It took a year to decide whether to migrate to MC or
take the plunge and learn C.  Learning a "traditional" language would
easily set me back two years, and I don't know about you guys, but
the two days a week I'm forced to work at a job I despise, while I'm
working like hell to build my company, isn't something I want to have
to do another two years to add a backup to the toolbox.  I'm hoping
to have the option to go full time with my company in 2004, and blow
those buggers off.  Being a * serious * programmer has nothing to do
with it.  I work 7 days a week most weeks.  And am very determined.

I envy those of you who are 35 and under, who at least had computer
access as a teenager.  I am 40+++++.  In school, we had manual
typewriters, not electronic, not electric, but MANUAL.  Computers
were something that existed for IBM and the big companies.  Nobody I
knew had one at home.  I never even saw one until I was in my late
twenties/early thirties, and then it was a DOS computer at a store.
Didn't impress me.  Looked like a glorified word processor, so I
never bothered to dig deeper.  I got a very very late start at this,
so time to me is a big issue.  That's why I get so tweaky at anything
that sucks time away.  I don't know a traditional language, I taught
myself via Hypercard to program.  C is gobbledygook to me.

And my primary goal is Gypsy King Software.  It isn't a hobby.  It is
my company.  My heart and soul :-)

So beware what criteria you use to define a * serious programmer *.

Shari C
Gypsy King Software, Inc.
--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--