Getting the system profile

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 10 09:17:00 EDT 2003

On Mac, the following will put the system profile into variable sysProf:

set the directory to specialFolderPath(Apple)

       put "tell application" && quote & "Apple System Profiler" &
quote & return & \

           "get the system profile" & return & \

           "end tell" into getInfo

       put "tell application" && quote & "Apple System Profiler" &
quote & return & \

           "close window" && quote & "Apple System Profiler" & quote &
return & \

           "end tell" into closeProfiler

       do getInfo as appleScript

       put the result into sysProf

       do closeProfiler as appleScript

How do I do the same on Windows?  I've found the program that has the
info, but cannot figure out how to extract the info from it.  The
program is winmsd.exe  I have three questions, but first the snippet
of code I have so far:

set the hideConsoleWindows to true

       put shell("winmsd /all") into sysProf

Question 1:  Is winmsd.exe the same on all Windows platforms?

Question 2:  The above launches the program, but sysProf is empty.
How do I extract the info?

Question 3:  How do I close the window when finished?
--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com