Customising the Metacard Environment

Pierre Sahores pierre at easynet.fr
Thu Jul 10 03:17:53 EDT 2003

W. Sanke a écrit:

>On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 03:27:24 -0400, "Mathewson"
><richmond at mail.maclaunch.com> wrote:
>

>>One of the best ways to customise (British 'S' in
>>'customise') Metacard (and vice versa) is to open its
>>components using Runtime Revolution to edit.
>>
>>However (this will not make me popular) I personally find
>>that Runtime Revolution wipes the floor with Metacard - and
>>seems even more customisable.
>>
>>Richmond Mathewson
>>

>One would have to go very much into details to compare and assess the
>advantages and deficiencies of Metacard and  the Revolution GUI.
>
>It is also a matter of personal taste and what demands you have as to
>how "organized" and  how fast an environment should be. Another
>difference would be the needs of beginners and power users - and even
>power users may prefer quick access to the most needed functions, while
>others are comfortable with walking through a maze.
>
>And above all, it may depend on what you learned first: Most people like
>what they already know.-
>
>Concerning the language problem:
>
>There are so few regional variations of written English that it is
>indeed worth mentioning if you find any. Otherwise the English language
>is very much like Chinese - with a common written basis and a great
>number of mutually incomprehensible spoken dialects; a speaker of
>Australian or Tamil English (the latter spoken around Madras) will
>probably never understand a man from Texas. As for the British Isles,
>George Bernard Shaw has competently described the situation of spoken
>English.
>
>Maybe we should start on the roadmap for international understanding
>with a spelling bee?
>
>Best regards,
>
>Wilhelm Sanke

Hi Friends,

What is good for Runtime Revolution is good for the Metacard engine and
what is good in the Metacard engine makes Runtime Revolution more
powerfull. In a more subjective way, the ones who loves Revolution + the
ones who loves Metacard + the ones who loves both makes the professional
grade XTalk's market share bigger. Is't it not the best the developers,
we all are, can expect for our prefered RAD tool ?

Bests,

Pierre Sahores