Interface on top of IDE

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Wed Jul 9 22:02:01 EDT 2003

> I am not sure what all of this 'hype' is about. The MetaCard 'front end'
> source has always been available to every licensed user...which is how
> RunRev developed their interface. Let's not make this something 'magical',
> please. Revolution is an interface on top of the MC IDE...a lot
> of work went
> into that, so I respect it. But it is something anyone had the opportunity
> to do...but not anymore. THAT is what this is about. Revolution had to
> secure this 'loop hole', and I don't blame them. But if Scott wasn't aware
> that he was helping them secure this position, I would have to say he is
> quite naiive.

It remains to be seen if RR will remove the restriction allowing Rev to be
used to develop other IDEs. If they own the engine then they can afford to
now remove that restriction as far as I can see. Why anyone would want to do
such a thing I'll never know.

> Well, at least it can't be done with MC anymore...that doesn't mean there
> are no other options. Revolution does not 'own' xTalk. There are
> a number of
> things happening that should make all of this a minor point...
> ;-)

It's always good when *things* happen isn't it.

Monte