METACARD ACQUIRED BY RUN REV!!!

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Wed Jul 9 17:08:01 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-09 at 20:31, Shari wrote:
> >We've got MC 2.5 now, with a full license; but how does that apply
> >to Rev 2.0? Merely downloding the latest version of Rev will still
> >hold developers to the ten-line limit. Right?
> >
> >Do I hear a suggestion out there in the Rev world?
> >
> >Does this MC List get mereged into the Rev List?
> >
> >Will Scott's Wise Eye watch over us chickens when we start to PANIC?
> >
> >Ray G. Miller
>

> Gosh, think of those of us whose license ran out.  At least you can
> *try* Rev for free, and make sure it really does run your projects
> just as MC does.  I would have pay just to find out.  Not a happy
> prospect.
>
> At least with MC, if I did a paid upgrade, I would know that I was
> getting what I have, only better.
>
> Now, a paid upgrade means, well getting something unproven and
> untried, for projects that are finally stable and productive.
>
> Scary.

Shari,

It was exactly my feeling the day i got my first Metacard license, six
years ago... At this point, i was searching for an Hypercard 2.41
competitor and i discovered the best XTalk never seen over any
platform...

As Scott explained us in his last mail, the best XTalk available today
needs the marketing power of the RunRev Team to grow more and more. He
must be right and, between us, only great people are able to know in
witch different spheres, they are at the top and in witch they are not
spending their best time and work.

What seems important, at this point, is that the Metacard core engine
design and development will stay in the hands of Scott, alike the Linux
kernel stays in the hands of Linus Torwalds, for the best of the MC/Rev
next issues, alike, for the best of the future of the best Linux
distributions...

It's probably time for to go head in subscribing to the RunRev mailing
list. There are probably interesting peoples to meet there too. I go,
for my own, to (re)subscribe to it, right now.

Bests,

--
Bien cordialement, Pierre Sahores

Applications WEB et ERP personnalisés
Penser et produire l'avantage compétitif