METACARD ACQUIRED BY RUN REV!!!

Richard MacLemale rmaclema at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Jul 9 02:55:00 EDT 2003

I have a lot of respect for the folks at Revolution, but I chose to remain
with MetaCard for a reason.  Revolution's interface is bloated and overly
complicated.  There are some nice features, to be sure, but I chose MetaCard
over Revolution for the same reason that I chose AppleWorks over Microsoft
Word... I've got work that needs to be done.  I need to have a simple but
powerful tool, not one where feature creep has made a nightmare out of the
user interface.  Every time I use Word to do anything I feel like I've been
in a knife fight.

I can program in MetaCard in my sleep (and often have.)  The idea of
relearning a complicated interface and paying for the privilege does nothing
for me.  If Revolution wants the remaining hardcore MetaCard users, they
have one serious shot at it... They need to offer a FREE cross-grade, right
now.  Everyone who is running MetaCard 2.5 legally should get a free
cross-grade.  Otherwise, what is to prevent us from just running MetaCard
2.5 for the next 4 or 5 years?

I will not pay to switch to Revolution.

I would, however, probably be willing to give it a fair shot if I could
cross-grade right now for free.  If not, well, MetaCard 2.5 runs really
really well and I don't think I'll need much more than it for a while.
Heck, most of the stuff I do uses the Darwin mc engine anyway.

I know this post sounds harsh, but, well, I have a religious attachment to
MetaCard.  I totally intend on using it until it won't run on the Mac any
more, and that could be another 5 to 10 years.  The only thing that could
possibly change my mind would be a free cross-grade.  Otherwise, I don't see
me seriously considering Revolution.

--
:)
Richard MacLemale