METACARD ACQUIRED BY RUN REV!!!

Tuviah M Snyder diskot123 at juno.com
Wed Jul 9 02:27:01 EDT 2003

WRT the engine I only see good things coming out of this. Engine wise
things will continue for the most part as they have for years, with Scott
carefuly reviewing everything, working on language features, and keeping
us on the straight and narrow.  The only area where things will change
is our additional attention to platform specific features (this is not
Java everything needs to look right), and scott can now spend additional
time on the features he wants to.

Features like activex, webkit/html, databases, xml, real tables, video
capture, Quartz, metal/drawers, SSL, xp look and feel, are not on a to-do
list but have been implemented,or are being implemented and will be
carefully integrated into the language with everyones input.

We will continue to focus on stability *first* (we have a bugzilla list
set up where things are reported directly to me *and* Scott), and keeping
the technology cross platform (and indeed porting it to additional
platforms and improving support for Unix (like unicode import and motif
look and feel)).

UI wise, I think the Rev 2.0 UI is a big improvement over the 1.0
version, but the MC UI will still be fully supported.

Tuviah Snyder <tuviah at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Runtime Revolution Limited - Software at the Speed of Thought