url gets truncated (was "launching web browser")

kweto kweto at ma.nma.ne.jp
Fri Jan 31 09:22:01 EST 2003

Klaus wrote:

> Konichi-wa Cueto-san,

Actually, since it's 11:13 P.M. here in Nippon, it's "konban-wa" :-)

> Try this:

>   if "NT" is in the systemVersion then
>         set the shellCommand to "cmd.exe"
>        ### put quote & quote into theTitle ???
>        ### "" ??? Looks like this is the li'l troublemaker
>        ### maybe you mean "put QUOTE & tUrl & QUOTE into theTitle
>       end if
>       get shell("start" && QUOTE & tURL & QUOTE)
>       ### then "get shell("start" & theTitle)  should work
> --

Tried it, but it opened the command console instead of the browser. HOWEVER,
you did give me the idea of simply enclosing the url (i.e., tUrl) in quotes
thus:

     get shell("start" && theTitle && QUOTE & tURL & QUOTE)

... and _that_ did work!

Thanks!!

Cheers and arigato,

Nicolas Cueto