url gets truncated (was "launching web browser")

kweto kweto at ma.nma.ne.jp
Fri Jan 31 07:19:01 EST 2003

Hello,

Well, looking through the archives, I found a script for lsuccessfully
aunching a browser with an url
(http://www.mail-archive.com/metacard@lists.runrev.com/msg06944.html , by
Shari -- thank you!).

One problem (perhaps off topic?). Although the url does get sent to the
browser, it becomes truncated at the first ampersand:

--
 put
"http://www.somewhere.com/business=kweto%40ma.nma.ne.jp&item_name=something&

I tried replacing the ampersand with %26, but still no luck.

How do I ensure the url gets passed as is?

Thank you.

Nicolas Cueto