cgi scripting

RCS rcs at rcsprogramming.com
Thu Jan 30 14:47:32 EST 2003

Thanks Andu...here is the 'analyzed' packet from the device to the server (I
used CommView...minus the hex info):

GET /cgi/input.cgi?INPUT=RGB1&lang=e&x=39&y=11 HTTP/1.0..Accept: image/gif ,
image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/msword, */*..Referer:
http://192.168.4.9/base_e.htm..Accept-Language: en-us..User-Agent:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98)..Host:
192.168.4.9..Connection:  Keep-Alive....

('INPUT=RGB1' is the actual 'command' or syntax)

The server responds with :

HTTP/1.0 2 OK..Server: Dahlia/1.0.9a..Connection: Keep-Alive..

And the very next packet is:

When I try to send this information, the server responds, but instead of
'OK', there is an 'ERROR 400' or something...and obviously it does not do
anything to the device.

I hope this makes sense...

(This is a web browser based interface to get the status of a device on the
network...from IE or Netscape, etc.).

Thanks,
John (RCS)

> --On Wednesday, January 29, 2003 11:18:34 -0800 RCS
> <rcs at rcsprogramming.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I just thought I would post this in the hopes that someone has already
> > worked this out:
> >
> >   I need to respond to a device that has a simple server (a network
> > appliance). The server needs to be 'fed' cgi responses (i.e. GET or
POST),