The Case of the Vanishing Cursor

Ian Gordon ian.gordon2 at sympatico.ca
Thu Jan 30 12:17:00 EST 2003

Hi John,

For the record, this happened to me yesterday - exactly as you describe
(invisible but still worked). Dual 1Ghz machine, Mac OSX 10.2.3

I restarted to get it back,. It has only happened once.

Another weird thing I have seen a few times (maybe when my code gets MC
all mixed up) is that the window locations gets mixed up. For instance
if you set a btn to follow the mouseloc (on mousestilldown).. it
follows the mouse but is offset by 20-30 pixels, making sure the
mouseup message is never sent to the dragged btn?

Again, since it is intermittent i fugure it is  probably my code making
it happen, somehow someway!

Just thought I'd mention it.

Ian