cgi scripting and MetaCard

RCS rcs at rcsprogramming.com
Wed Jan 29 14:23:01 EST 2003

Hello,

I just thought I would post this in the hopes that someone has already
worked this out:

  I need to respond to a device that has a simple server (a network
appliance). The server needs to be 'fed' cgi responses (i.e. GET or POST),
and I have 'analyzed' the device that I am trying to emulate for the format
(basically a web interface from within a browser). I have the format that
the device is sending, but it has information embedded that I do not think
is relevant to me (referrer: Mozilla, etc.). So when I simply send this
'GET' command from an open socket (port 80) from MetaCard, I get a response
from the server, but it tells me there is an error in the format.

  I suppose my question is: when replying to a server in this manner...who
should I say the referrer is? Do I need this? I know I need to read up on
cgi scripting, but I thought this might be a simple procedure...

Thanks for any info,
RCS