Metacard menu in OSX stand-alone

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sun Jan 26 22:18:01 EST 2003

Well, it's a long story. But the short form is this - the name of the
application that is used to display the application menu name in OS X is
stored in the info.pList file that is inside the "Contents" folder of the
application bundle (to see it, control-click on your MC app and choose "Show
Package Contents", then double-click on the "Contents" folder). If you open
that file in a text editor, you will see a bunch of XML, and near the middle
you'll see:

<key>CFBundleName</key>
<string>MetaCard</string>

change the <string> to the name of your app, save the file, and the next
time you launch it, it will have your app name in the Application Menu. But
remember I said it was a long story? There's more to personalizing an MC
standalone than just this. Take a look at my "Understanding Processes" tip
at http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/metacard/metacard.htm?proc005 to see
what I mean...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software