metacard digest, Vol 1 #488 - 13 msgs

Ian Gordon ian.gordon2 at sympatico.ca
Thu Jan 23 11:51:00 EST 2003

Hi Richard,

just a quick clarification.. I have never logged into AOL, but I have used
urlencode to log into my own server (where I have an @ sign in my username).

Ian

Message: 5
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 13:58:35 -0800
Subject: Re: re. AOL FTP
From: Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com>
To: <metacard at lists.runrev.com>

Ian Gordon wrote:

> put "ftp://"& urlEncode(tUsername) &":"& tPass &"@" & tadd &  tpath   into
> ftpPath
> put url ("binfile:" &  SrcFilename) into tData
> libUrlFtpUpload tData, ftpPath

The specs I found online suggested encoding the user name and/or password,
but libURL still choked on it with an "invalid url" rror wqhen I tried using
a put command.

Did you resort to using the libUrlFtpUpload command to get around what may
be overzealous error-checking in libURL in response to "put"s?

Either way, while using that method no longer throws the "invalid url"
error, I'm still getting errors (yes, I'm testing while logged into AOL as
their docs suggest).

It may be a typo in my code.  At least I know that someone has successfully
logged into AOL using libURL....I'll keep trying...