CGI Frustration

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Jan 22 13:30:00 EST 2003

> Can you run the script from the command line?
> That is, can you connect via Telnet, ssh, etc, and run something like:
> > ./linux test.mc

Well, I changed the name of the script to "simple.cgi", connected via Telnet
(I'm not so good at Telnet so tell me if I'm doing something wrong), went to
the cgi-bin directory (did a "dir" just to make sure the files were there)
and executed both:

  ./linux simple.cgi

and

  linux simple.cgi

and got this error:

  linux: error while loading shared libraries: libXext.so.6: cannot open

Did I so something wrong here? Provide a wrong path?

> 1) Try putting a full path to the mc engine.

Well, it's at an ISP, where it's basically:

  <IP address>/www/cgi-bin/simple.cgi

So, would the full path be:

  #!/www/cgi-bin/simple.cgi?

Thanks,