AOL FTP

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Jan 21 12:10:00 EST 2003

On 1/21/03 8:55 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> So it seems that to login to AOL's FTP I'd need to do something like this:
>
>   ftp://anonymous:fourthwrld@aol.com@members.aol.com
>
> But of course with two "@"s that won't work.  :(
>
> How do I apply AOL's recommendation to libURL's login/password urls?

Those are the values I plug into Fetch and they work, but I've never
tried creating a single string for use with MC. Did you try it? What
would happen if you substituted the whatcha-callem codes for the first
"at" sign (my brain just shorted out; what do you call those html codes
that start with "#" or "%"?)

One thing to be aware of though -- I haven't tried logging into AOL via
ftp recently, but in the past it was always necessary for me to be
logged in via their proprietary software before I was able to access my
account via Fetch. I had to have an active AOL session going before I
could get in. This may not be true if you have set up a public download
folder though; I never tried that.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com