scripting style issue

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Wed Jan 15 04:10:00 EST 2003

Hi Richard,

Nope, not boring at all. In fact, most useful. I, too have read your guide a
bunch of moons ago, and have implemented many of the naming conventions you
describe. At first, I believed, as Andu said, "it's up to the individual."
But, I started using your naming conventions primarily because I offer free
scripts and controls at my website and wanted them readable by others. As it
turns out, they're also more readable by myself!

I mostly follow your variable naming conventions. Sometimes adding "grp" on
the front of a group object gets quite long...especially if the group object
is a control of my making, then I usually just add the word "alt" (for
Altuit, my company:-). So, a control of mine might be altThumbBrowser rather
that grpaltThumbBrowser. Also, grp, fld, img, etc, names are alway preceeded
by the type of control anyway. I digress (and now poor Andu is bored to
tears! :-).

I'm with Sarah on the array naming conventions. Easier to read.

Anyway, thanks for the post, and a bigger thanks for the article and the
thoughts in it!

-Chipp