answer printer

kweto kweto at ma.nma.ne.jp
Sun Jan 12 09:34:01 EST 2003

Hello,

For the "answer printer" command, is there a way of capturing the user's
response? Before printing a card  users of my stack have the option of
setting the paper-size via their particular printer's settings, and since
the modal printer selection dialog includes a "Cancel" button (at least my
printers do), I'd like to honour that option. But, as it is now, even when I
click "Cancel" the stack still sends the job to the printer.

One work around I. tried was to attempt capturing the user's "Cancel"
response in a way similar tothat of the answer command, i.e.,

  answer printer
  if it is "Cancel"  then exit doWhatever

FWIW, I thought that, since I'm deploying on a Japanese OS (Win/Mac), the
response word ought to be the Japanese equivalent for "Cancel" -- which I
tried, but no go.

Thank you.

Nicolas Cueto