[OT] invisible files on Windows

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Fri Jan 10 14:37:01 EST 2003

Sorry about that... (darn emailer!)

Anyway, I was going to suggest that depending on the size of the movie, you
could keep it compressed on the CD with a different file extension and
decompress it to play it. This way, although it might be accessible, (a) it
doesn't look like anything anyone would want, and (b) even if they did
"copy" it, the wouldn't know what to do with it (unless they're a real
expert and can look at the first bytes of the file to determine it's a .gz
file).

Just my $.02,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software