[OT] invisible files on Windows

Klaus Major k_major at os.surf2000.de
Fri Jan 10 14:04:00 EST 2003

Hi Richard,

> Karl Becker wrote:
>
>> Right click on a file, select "Properties", check the box "Hidden."
>> However, Windows users can choose to have hidden files shown quite
>> easily, unlike the Mac where hidden files aren't even known to many
>> people.
>
> 1. How does a Win user show the file by right-clicking on it if it's
> invisible?

Hardly ;-)

In an open window on windows :-) there is a menu:

View-> Folder options-> Tab "View"

There you can choose with radio-buttons (among other funny stuff) to
1. Show all files
2. Hide hidden files  (sic !!! )
(I am just translating the german version of VirtualPC, so it might not
be THAT
funny in the original english version ;-)
3. Hide hidden and system files

> 2. Is there a way to set this visible bit on a Mac when burning an
> ISO-9660
> CD?

Sorry, no idea.

>  Richard Gaskin

Regards from icecold germany (-12 degree Celsius, brrrrrr...)

Klaus Major
k_major at os.surf2000.de