Creating thumbnail

Karl Becker karl at karlbecker.com
Thu Jan 9 13:31:01 EST 2003

On Thursday, January 9, 2003, at 02:52 AM, andu wrote:
> --On Thursday, January 09, 2003 00:12:37 -0600 Karl Becker
> <karl at karlbecker.com> wrote:
>
>> Oh yes, it changes a lot.  It's for a golf game, actually.  The group
>> I'm
>> taking a snapshot of is the course itself, made up of graphic objects.
>> It changes every time a new hole is loaded.
>
> Did you try using a duplicate set of images you use for the game but
> smaller which are loaded into the navigation window at the same time
> and location as the main window?

I wanted to do that all along, but I don't know how to resize a bunch
of graphics and keep the positions of each other correct in relation to
one another.  Is there some simple technique I'm overlooking?

Chipp wrote:
> Karl,
>
> been down this road before...a couple of times. There is no way of
> doing
> what you want. MC/RR captures from the screen memory..so, you cannot
> put a
> window offscreen and do a capture there -- you'll get nothing.
>
> If you're on Mac, there might be some sort of capture XCMD floating
> around.
> On PC, you'd have to write a DLL. Other idea is to 'feature' the
> capture. Do
> a backdrop, disolve on very fast, capture it to a stack underneath,
> resize
> it and place it, then dissolve off the backdrop. Sounds like you'll be
> doing
> it too many times to really work, though:-(
>
> -Chipp

Hmm... shucks.  I was thinking what would happen if I simply hid the
stack, I haven't tried that, but it sounds like it won't.  Could you
e-mail me a different explanation of the technique you explain in the
second paragraph?  I can't quite visualize what's happening there.

Thanks,
Karl