regexp

andu undo at cloud9.net
Wed Jan 8 07:20:00 EST 2003

I need some help with matchChunk(). Here's the problem, I need to parse
html pages for a certain chunk and replace it with an other. Unfortunately
I cant use the good old "replace x with y in z" because the chunk sometimes
is on one line other times on many.
Here's an example:

          <!user-name>

I want to replace "Welcome <!user-name> to" with "This is", for example.
 I've spent hours trying to find the right matchChunk() expression given I
know the first (Welcome) and last word (to) of the chunk but without
success, I can only get one of them at a time. Thanks in advance for any
suggestions.

Regards, Andu Novac