Open a file with MC from desktop

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sun Jan 5 15:35:01 EST 2003

Is this in Mac or Windows? In Mac OS 9, you'd need to make sure that the
type and creator codes were associated with the standalone; in OS X and
Windows you'd need to make sure the file extension was registered with the
standalone. Then, when the file is double-clicked and it launches the
standalone, you get an 'odoc' appleEvent in MacOS, and you get the filepath
of the document as a parameter to the application under WIndows.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/