Konfabulator

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue Feb 11 17:35:01 EST 2003

Recently, "J. Landman Gay"  wrote:

> Wired magazine talks about custom personal software as though this one
> company had invented it. Hm.
>
> http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,57620,00.html
>
> Somebody ought to tell them we've been doing this for years now.

Agreed.  But a large part of the appeal for these folks is not so much the
technical/feature capabilities, but rather the ability to customize.  Yeah,
you can make a stock quote grabber in MC, but people want it to look cool
and be integrated with their desktop.  Of course you can do this in MC (we
do this to some extent), but MC is billed as an application builder, not as
a customizer/mod builder.  (Plus, the environment only supports 1 bit window
masks which can't be updated on the fly.)

The fact the developers hail from Kaleidoscope doesn't hurt either. :-)

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design