copying packages in OSX

RCS rcs at rcsprogramming.com
Sun Feb 2 19:11:01 EST 2003

  Has anyone been able to successfully copy an OSX package with MetaCard
scripting (no Applescript). I am close. I get all of the files (the package
list, contents folder, icons, etc), and I even get the .app icon...but
something is still not right. I can open the list in the list editor, and
everything looks right, and I can view the icons as well. Double-clicking
the application icon starts it up, but it never finishes (doesn't crash
though).

  When I compare the file sizes (original and copy) I see no difference, but
going back to OS9, and using ResEdit, I do notice that some of my files have
garbage in the 'Creator' (the 'Type' is empty). In the 'good' file, these
are supposed to be empty...changing this and saving the file does not work
of course.

Any info is appreciated,
JR