No return from "post" on Linux? A bug?

Sadhunathan Nadesan sadhu at castandcrew.com
Sat Feb 1 11:49:00 EST 2003

Scott,

Regarding this post, I have determined, it is not a bug.  Sorry to have
bothered you.

It is a portability issue (my problem).  I find the stack files are not
portable between the slightly different versions of MC on the development,
versus the deployment machines.  I certainly could have expected that.
Hey, well .. it mostly worked!  It ran.  It just could not retrieve
any data.  But almost doesn't count.

My solution is to redevelop the application under the version of MC
running on the target machine.

Since it is a small and simple application, rebuilding the UI from scratch
is not that hard - much easier than trying to upgrade the version of
Linux on the target machine. (That would be required to bring the MC
versions into synch.)  The main stack script file where most all the
work is done still functions as is except, no split command on this
earlier version of MC so I have to recode that part.  No biggie.

The application now retreives the data from a PostgreSQL db and all
is well.  Call this one a wrap.

Sadhu