Copying a file from A to B - not working

Karl Becker karl at karlbecker.com
Wed Dec 31 17:21:58 EST 2003

On Dec 31, 2003, at 3:52 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> Specify "binary" for both the read and write operations:

Kaboom, exactly, thanks very much Jacque  :-)

Scott, furthermore, wrote:
> But doesn't 2.4.3 support "put URL"?  If so, you might want to try
> using this method instead of read and write.
>
>   put url ("binfile:" & tSourcePath) into url ("binfile:" & tDestPath)

Aha, I believe it does.  I'll look into playing with that, too.  One
question about a line of script, though:

    put "_copy" before char -4 of tDestPath

What's character -4 of that path?  if the path is:

"/MyHD/Folder/file.doc"

then will character -4 be the ".", so we'll have
"/MyHD/Folder/file_copy.doc"
in the destination?

Thanks much guys, and have a very happy new year,
Karl