Metacard support

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Dec 4 13:19:38 EST 2003

Dom wrote:

> Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
>
>> While "MetaCard" as a product is gone the engine lives on under the name
>> Revolution, with a larger and faster-growing audience than it's ever known
>> before.
>
> Take a look on the data with a text editor, you will see something as :
>
> #!/bin/sh
> # MetaCard 2.4 stack
> # The following is not ASCII text,
> # so now would be a good time to q out of more
> exec mc $0 "$

The file format was last changed prior to the acquisition.  I imagine the
header will be updated with a future file format change.

Adobe has a legacy issue like this:  having purchased CyberStudio from
GoLive Inc., although they've renamed the product to Adobe GoLive they're
still saddled with JavaScript libraries labelled with "CS" before all the
function names.

> PS: wonder what means "a good time to q out of more"?

More is a UNIX command to read files.