Metacard support

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Dec 4 00:14:05 EST 2003

Simon Lord wrote:

> I have to wonder about all the people out there that have used
> HyperCard and SuperCard or XTalk and never heard of MetaCard.

Precisely.  Scott is an excellent engineer, but has no illusions about being
a marketer.  The buzz is all about Revolution.

> I switched from HyperCard to SuperCard v1.5 when I saw the name

Another plus for "Revolution": While HyperCarders and SuperCarders have very
positive associations with names ending in "Card", we are a minority.
Apple's crippling of HyperCard gave the majority of the computing world the
mistaken impression that xTalks are toys.

By eschewing "Card", Revolution has a chance to be perceived on its own
terms, unencumbered by any unpleasant associations with Apple's
single-window monochrome architecture.

> RIP MetaCard, you and I had a good ~11 year run together...

The queen is dead!  Long live the queen!

While "MetaCard" as a product is gone the engine lives on under the name
Revolution, with a larger and faster-growing audience than it's ever known
before.