Metacard support

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Dec 1 02:44:07 EST 2003

Robert Brenstein wrote:

>> Yes, the press release for the acquisition expresses a mutual desire for
>> Scott and Kevin to see MetaCard users happily coding in the IDE of their
>> choice going forward.
>>
>> And of course when you upgrade with RunRev you can request a MetaCard
>> license which will let you use the latest engine with that IDE.
>>
>> The only thing I would like to clarify is what is meant by "MetaCard" in the
>> current context:
>
> I think it would be worthwhile to include the essence of this
> discussion on MC IDE web site. I also think that some of the areas
> now marked for members only (i.e. files) should be public in the
> proper spirit of open source project.

I had left Yahoo's defaults in place, but went back and changed where I
could.  Most activities are only available to Members and Moderators as an
anti-spam measure.  Needing to join is not unlike subscribing to a list.
The only things that are possible to be shared publicly in Yahoo are
Messages, Bookmarks, and the Calendar.  Of those I really only see myself
using Messages (which should already be public) so I hadn't thought of the
other two.  They should be public now, but for myself I see little need for
either beyond a link to metacard.com and on to runrev.com in the Bookmarks
section.

I also set membership to require a Moderator's approval.  If you hate spam
you'll thank me for that one. :) Thus far the two people who've joined have
already been approved, and anyone who wants moderator status to approve new
members just drop me a note with your Yahoo ID and I'll set the permissions
for you.  Just please keep an eye out for bots to avoid spamming.