Script Editor X 1.6.2 is out!

MisterX x at monsieurx.com
Sat Aug 30 09:51:01 EDT 2003

Hi everyone,

I just finished killing most bugs in the Script Editor X, revised a lot
of the other stacks too and the release is steady and Im happy to say it's
fun to use grep searches in scripts!!!

Sorry for the embarassing bug in 1.61: you couldn't edit the script at all!
Nonetheless no one complained... Bizarre
This is not very encouraging in view of
the bruhaha that's going on with an opensource MC IDE.

Im getting a runrev license for myself to do the RR porting!
Maybe paying customers are more receptive! ;)
Twisted plot afoot...

--

Anyway, here's the last changes for S.E.X...
This is for MC 2.5 only... If you want to port the 2.5 goodies to the 2.4

V1.62 20030826-20030828
- Did I mention the installer is much sturdier now? One new hidden feature.
- Fixed all problems with Variable Watcher not showing arrays...
- Improved the VW to show both numeric and associative arrays although there
is no support to edit them [yet](IOWs, dont try it)! Much more in store for
later maybe...
- Fixed a lame bug which prevented typing in the editor field in 1.6.1 -
that was embarassing and no one reported it! ;) This is such a popular
software on the net no one reported it!!!
- Fixed and improved the Script Find stack. Now supports GREP searching and
an Undo for replace...
  GREP only supports searching and not replacing. Dont try it! Hurried to
release this update.
- Fixed the edit menu's problems showing the checked TypeAhead or
AutoComplete and font styles.
- Lots of script simplification results in a near completely new
AutoCompletion agent!
- Finished the Snippets Index - snippets functions atomized. More later!
- The breakpoint field now works 100% as it should in any MC script editor.
The pre-inserted breakpoints move along with the lines you insert or delete!
- Fixed most of the nagging selection lost syndrome affecting most script
editors when they loose focus ;)
... and more...

Detail, screenshots, and more info here at
http://www.monsieurx.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=117

download (for regged users) here
http://www.monsieurx.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=42
(less than 300KBs!)

Known issues include:

- Debugging does not work 100% correctly... Still investigating... Weird
stuff... the hilitedlines not working... Some mystery undocumented
functions...
- TypeAhead is weeelll not working ok... use at your own risk. Dont bother
tell me about it...

This is the last version for a moment until debugging is fully debugged!

I encourage any feedback or tinkering to improve it further. Sharing the
info and scripts,
this can be a superb editor.

cheers
Xavier